I have mentioned that I will be working for
a baby food factory. My past job
experience, and my degree as a theology major, do nothing to prepare me for
this role. While I was home in Canada I
took a couple of online courses in food processing and hazardous food
levels. In many ways my studies felt
very removed from my love for the Uyghur people. Sitting at my desk all day and memorizing
facts about the acidification of food, to make sure it’s pH level is low enough
to exempt it from needing thermal processing, isn’t the same as sitting with a
Uyghur neighbour and praying for her son.
Several times durning my studies, when I felt overwhelmed by the steep learning
curve and the onslaugt of new information ( it felt like I was trying to use a
straw while drinking from a fire hose), I had to remind myself that even this
is for the glory of God. If it allows me
to live in a more traditional Uyghur area.
If it means that my life can more naturally interact with Uyghur women
at work, then Food process and studying it diligently is also for his honour
and glory. Pray that I will remember and
be able to apply the information I have learned to our factory.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.