If you read my last quarterly letter, you might remember me sharing that I felt like I was wandering through a bit of a wilderness. I wanted so badly to remain faithful to what He has called me to, but the quiet lack of response around us was starting to wear on my heart.
Not long ago, while pr@ying together, my roommate made a passing comment about Elijah’s season of discouragement. Curiosity led me back to 1 Kings 19, and as I reread it, Gd’s tenderness toward His prophet hit me in a whole new way. Gd didn't just meet Elijah’s physical exhaustion with food, water, and an angel’s care—He truly listened to Elijah's heart cry of feeling completely isolated in the task.
Gd didn't dismiss Elijah's pain or promise to take away the hard path ahead. Instead, He sent him right back into the work, saying, "go back the way you came." But He didn't send him back empty-handed. He gave him this beautiful reminder: "Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal..."
The message was clear: You are not as alone as you think.
That truth was medicine for my soul. Those of us focusing on this specific min often feel isolated. But over these past few months, He has been gently reminding me that He has reserved hundreds of faithful believers across this country. They may not be U, or even sharing our exact focus, but they are here and they are His!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.