One of the other things I asked you to pray for while I was home was friends who would pursue me. You may remember that I compared my life to a stalker, always being the one to initiate relationships and hangout times. Last weekend, I attended a wedding by myself and was seated next to a woman who was also alone. We not only conversed all night but also exchanged numbers. I had a nice time with this woman. Since the wedding on Saturday, she has already sent me close to 20 text messages, making plans to meet up, telling me about Turkish hand cream she sells, asking me how to get rid of the smell in a water bottle, and suggesting I meet her Tajik friends. Haha, now I can’t help but feel like she is stalking me with this much contact.
We did go out for dinner, and she quickly opened up about her divorce, lack of children, and
mother’s death. I think there are so many ladies in this culture who feel like no one really sees or
hears them. It is a blessing to get to be His eyes and ears in this place, letting ladies know they are
valued and offering His comfort. He brought me a friend in answer to prayer; keep asking that the
relationship would grow.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.