Last month the young women's group from my local fellowship decided to take a field trip together. We went to a pottery place, where we had a Master’s class on how to form items from clay. All of us had the opportunity to sit at the wheel and see what our hands could create from a mere lump. For me, that wasn’t much. My wrists are so weak, that I really couldn’t hold them properly to keep a shape. Again and again the expert, who faithfully stayed by my side as I tried, would gently reach her hand in and do the actual work for me. I could turn over control to her expertise, knowing that she would make something cool. By the end of the night, I not only had made a great memory with a bunch of friends, but I went home with a classy bowl that now holds change and keys by the door. I also went away with a greater appreciation of the analogy given in the Word. Isaiah 64:8 “O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Since I know that the one sitting at the potter’s wheel is the Master, I know I have nothing to fear. As the song says “mold me and make me, this is what I pray.”


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.