One of the friends I have made works part time as a wedding MC. Since song and dance are forbidden at devout Islamic weddings, they need other ways to entertain the crowd of well-wishers. My friend will act as MC leading a room full of women in games, trivia, and winning prizes. She had been practicing speaking U with me so that she felt comfortable doing more of her presenting in their own language. For one wedding, she invited me to come along as one of her many party tricks. I was to greet the crowd in U and read a love poem. I told her I already had one practically memorized and she agreed to let me share from 1 Corinthians 13. Most of you know public speaking doesn’t really bother me. I am not overly intimidated by the crowds. But on this particular evening my hands noticeably shook as I held my notes. The camera was fixed on me, projecting my shaking image onto the large screen behind me, allowing the whole audience to get a good look at my nerves. As I shared the experience with my family my sister-in-law wisely said “you shouldn’t be surprised, you were sharing directly from His word to a room of over 450 devote Muslim women... you don’t think there was more going on in that room?” It was a small presentation of His truth, but I continue to pray that He will use it in lives. One lady even asked if she could take home my notes to read again.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.