One of the greatest blessings of this past semester has been being able to get involved at a local fellowship. Where I lived before, this option was never open to us. Week by week I get to sit in a room with local followers and seek Him together. My own language skills are still such that I don’t actually get much out of the time in the word, in fact some weeks I consider it a win if I can even figure out what passage he is sharing from. This group of followers is also looking to reach out. Over Christmas they put together food bags to be delivered to local families in need that someone in the congregation had connection to. One of the families was U and the mother was in a wheelchair, they asked if I wanted to go along and help make the delivery. We learned that the women from our group had already been sharing with them and they had read some of the word. The pastor of our group asked me to close our time with them by praying in their own language. What an amazing privilege to work with local brothers and sisters.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.