Thursday, July 8, 2021

His Concern

The morning of my surgery, I swung my good leg, the one that had already been operated on up onto my bed, only to feel an intense pain.  I wasn’t sure what to do.  I could barely walk.  As planned, Dad drove me up to London for my operation.  It was a very long trip as I felt each expansion joint in the highway bump pain through my leg.  The whole time I was uncertain as to whether or not I should mention this new pain and if so to who.  I knew the lady at the front desk giving me my hospital bracelet didn’t care, neither did the nurse taking my height and weight.  I knew I wouldn’t actually get to see my surgeon until I was already half unconscious and being wheeled into the operating room.   

But God was leading and my doctor ‘just happened’ to be strolling through the waiting room between his busy operating schedule.  Walking right by other patients under his care, he stopped in front of me, bent down to meet me at eye level and asked “How are you today Karen?”.  I mentioned how the other leg was causing me problems and the doctor, with great care and concern he dropped to his hands and knees on the hard tiled floor and started to gently move my leg, trying to discern the issue.  

“Well, I have another surgery to do right now but I will send you for X-rays and we can look at them together in an hour or so.  We might still be able to go ahead as planned, or we might find we are going back to fix something with the first leg don’t worry we will take care of this.”

In the midst of a busy and anxious morning the Lord showed His concern for the small things by sending the doctor right to me, answering my question of who to tell and when. And even though a cracked femur bone was not the answer any of us were expecting when I asked you all to pray for my second surgery, we can have confidence that the Lord was leading in all the little details of the day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.