Thursday, October 1, 2020

Pleasant Places - Volume# 17 Issue # 1 Date: October 2020

The Global Pandemic has forced our vocabulary to expand to include terms like physical distancing and keep to your social bubbles. It has also forced countries to close their borders to all non-essential travel. My favorite ticket app recently issued this map of the world, showing travel restrictions across the globe. With only 5 green countries, whose borders are open to visitors, most of the map looks pretty prohibitive. Even some of the yellow sections have so many caveats attached to entering them that their boundaries might as well be shaded red. All of this means that I am still here in Canada and feeling rather stuck. (I know I am not the only one.) In the midst of this, the Lord laid it on the hearts of several friends to write me, all reminding me of the same passage from Psalm 16:6 “The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places.” There are times in life that things don’t feel right, or simply aren’t going the way we planned, but those are the exact times we need to be firm in our conviction about God that He is the central orientation in life. Even while I am itching to be back with my U friends, I cling to the truth of the pleasantness of the place He currently has me in this season. I join the psalmist in saying “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.