Through
this network of U workers, I received a call one afternoon. “Hey, Karen, do you
have any U Bibles at your house?” When I answered affirmatively, he gave me an
address of a guy, right in my own home town, who was looking for one. A U
believer in Canada
had been sharing with this guy and he had expressed an interest in reading the
Bible for himself. Thanks to our already established connections, we were able
to have one at his door the same day. When I delivered the book, I was sad to
learn the young man didn’t have a wife for me to befriend as, even here in Canada,
cross gender friendships are not really appropriate. I have since learned that
the man would consider himself a Quranist – meaning he only accepts the words
of the Quran and disregards all other Muslim books or traditions including the
hadith (a collection of sayings by Muhammed that act as a source of daily
guidance for most Muslims). This puts him somewhat on the periphery of Islamic
faith and likely explains why he is open to talking with a U Christian (someone
else viewed as an outsider). Now that he has a copy of the scriptures in hand,
I continually pray that he approaches it with the same single-minded determination
and reverence to know truth, that it may be a lamp for his feet and a light for
his path.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.