Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Why am I still in Canada?


As you may recall, my last letter had excitedly shared the news that I was making plans to head back in country and move to a new province where several students from my people group were residing. Just two weeks before my expected departure date, I received news that the team I was joining in that area had also come under investigation. After extended questioning, they too were forced to leave the place they called home. Since the situation was tenuous at best and there was no team to join, my plans were cancelled. We, as a community, are grieving over the loss of homes, businesses, friends, and opportunities to share Christ with the people we love. This displacement has been wide-spread and is the result of new religious laws that the government enacted back in February, laws that have not only hurt those serving in the country but have increased the level of persecution felt by our local bothers and sisters. Please be remembering them in your prayers as many have been dragged from their beds and imprisoned for their faith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.