I am still looking for opportunities to continue to
serve among my same people group and have even started to apply for a job to
teach English back in country but it will be several months before I know if
that visa will be granted. In the meantime, the Father has opened the door for
me to serve short term at our agency’s home office where I will be helping in
our greatly understaffed mobilization department. Mobilization is a sharing of
the passion for what God is doing around the world and calling others to join
in serving overseas. I have always longed that the Father would take my
experience and multiply it for His Kingdom, that others would see, in me, His
ability to use the weak things of the world to reveal His strength and know
that He will do they same through their willingness to serve. I have committed
to stay at the office for six months as I wait for my visa or investigate other
Central Asian countries where my people group live.
One thing I appreciate about the ebb and flow of life
at our office is the prayerfulness of the people who work here. Twice a week,
they pull out folders of update—letters just like this—and intercede for the
people and needs mentioned. Each file folder is stuffed with encouraging notes
that people wrote after praying. Meetings are started in prayer as leaders seek
his wisdom and leading for big decisions and phone calls with interested
candidates are ended in prayer. Prayer permeates all office actives. What an amazing place to work, and land for a short
season during all the change!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.