Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Time with a Sister

When I first arrived ten years ago, my team leader told me “if you meet a local bother of sister who is already following Him and meeting regularly in fellowship – stay away, the last thing they need is your in their life”.  At the time it seemed hash since one of our values as a M organization is to work with the local chuch to see the good news spread.  I personally long to see people grow in their own walks with Him.  The longer I am here the more his warning makes sense, if they are really doing well in their walk the last thing they need is my white face drawing attention to them.  Sadly this means that over the years I have spent very little time with the body. 

A couple of months ago I was introduced to a retired women who has been walking faithfully for over 12 years.  She figures that she is old enough not to be on the authority’s radar and so has actually initiated a deeper relationship with me.  It is so nice to have someone to talk about the word with, and yarp with. She has invited me to come a long with her when visiting other, and has offered to meet my neighbours and share her own testimony with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.