Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Listening to the Radio Together

In my last quarterly I mentioned a women named Awesome, a single mom who lives the floor above me.  She had offered on a number of occasions to help me with language if I would be willing to teacher her English.  I normal run from suggestions like this, because I don’t want to get stuck teaching hours and hours of English, but our frequent conversations about J, challenged me to take our relationship one step further. I agreed to help her with language if she would listen to a set of radio programs with me called the “Way of righteousness”  I mentioned how I had listen to the programs and found them a wonderful source of learning about and drawing closer to Gd… but there were still some things I did understand about the Uyghur phraseology.  We had done a few different evenings of language exchange when she came done one night and said “I know we normally just study on Wed afternoons but do you have time to listen to another one of those radio shows?  We don’t have to study English or anything, I just want to hear the next one.”  She has already tired of learning English, but she still seems excited about the word.  Thank you for remembering to lift her up, I can already see the difference it is making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.