Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Good Read

A Team mate and I spend our accountability time reading “In the Land of the Blue Burqas” - by Kate McCord serving in Afganistan.  There are several ways that her life is very different than ours, ladies here don’t wear burqa, and yet there are also so many similarities.  The way the culture thinks, operates and even views her as a single women, feels so much like my daily life.  I don’t know this women personally, but I admire her wise Christ centred answers to everyday life in Central asia.  She has a very honest, and beautiful way of taking every conversation, every situation from facing hatred, responding to the evil done to us, and fasting and making them sing with the redemptive work of Christ.  The book has challenged me afresh by how often he is flowing out of my heart and off my lips into the situations around me that so desperately need Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.