It’s a
common site in this country to see overloaded carts and bikes driving down the
road. They are often packed with
recyclables, hay or other light items.
As long as they can keep them balanced they pile them high and
wide. Some people carry heavy objects
like furniture on a regular bicycle. It
really is amazing to watch, and no matter how long I live here it still makes
me giggle. Recently though as I stepped
out of the way to watch some particularly heavy load squeeze past me, I was
reminded of the words of our Saviour “Come to me all you who are weary and
heavy laden and I will give you rest”. I
had just caught a glimpse of the drivers face and he seemed rather exhausted from
struggling to move his load. While I am sure some of these guys would love a
break, the rest that J was offering goes so much deeper. The verse is not talking about physical burdens that exhaust the body, it is
all those heart, emotional struggles, our sins and our temptation, its
brokenness, and messiness that make us weary in our hearts and yet J says
“Come”



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.