Since coming south for the winter, I have mainly been sitting at a computer pressing the letter “M” over and over and over. Once again it is part of adding verse markers to the U audio scripture. I play the recording of the text read aloud and at the beginning of every new verse, I simply hit the letter “M” for “mark”, but after doing so several hundred times I couldn’t help thinking maybe M really stands for Mundane, Monotonous, Mind-numbing. One of the books I was listening to was the book of Leviticus. Somewhere between reading about mold in the wall, or what colour the hair at the center of a pus-filled sore should be, I was caught by one of the repeated refrains of the book “For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy.” Surrounding this repeated phrase are laws that intersect will all aspects of daily life, even things that seem very mundane. With God, the mundane becomes meaningful, as outward obedience reveals our faith-filled heart within. There is great beauty in the truth that in whatever we do, we can do it to the Glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.