Sunday, May 26, 2024

Aunt Sharron’s Reflections..

“I was privileged to meet several of Karen’s Muslim ladies that she is reaching out to at a bazaar. They welcomed us, Karen, my brother Glenn and I most warmly! Lots of smiles and hugs for Karen!! They also embraced me too! As is appropriate in their culture, Glenn always kept a respectful distance. I was struck by how much they love Karen! Seeing their warmth and friendliness did a whole lot to help calm my long- standing fears of Muslims in general. They were all such kind ladies!

We experienced many sights, sounds, and flavours. The national drink is ‘Kymyz’, a bitter fermented mare’s milk---disgusting!!! The rest of the food---delicious. Mountain ranges – amazing! Sidewalks--- crumbling and falling apart. Traffic---NUTS!!!

My other memorable experience was attending Karen’s local church, which is Russian speaking. The joy of the Lord was surely in this place. Welcoming us were lots of hugs and handshakes. They were thrilled to have Karen’s family attend. Although Glenn and I didn’t know the language, we could sense the Spirit of the Lord was present!

This experience has reminded me that “every nation, tribe, people and language...” will be standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb wearing white robes and holding palm branches in their hands (Rev 7:9)”









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.