I have a t-shirt that proclaims this very thing, and I wore it mid-December as I got on a plane for warmer climates. The ice and snow of Central Asia is a big stress for me, as I try to navigate slippery walkways on my own. This winter I was once again able to fly south a spend two months helping my co-workers at the media office. I am always amazed at how much this group faithfully does to see the Word made availed throughout the homeland of our people group. It is always such a change of pace for me to go from visiting neighbours and drinking tea, to siting at a desk and typing.
Part of my time was spent modifying resources this team has already produced to be available using a different U script, one that is more readable for the friends in my new area. This is especially helpful as I asked you to be praying last time about our own desire to increase gospel presence on local social media channels. These colleagues have generously offered us accesses to any and all recordings and materials they have produced over the years. It is helpful to spend time with and learn from those who are doing a similar project but are already so far ahead.
The rest of my time was spent listening to the word read aloud and adding verse markers to the audio tracks (needed so that they text can scroll along with the audio on the website). On the surface it might sound rather boring, but it was wonderful to just listen for hours every day to the word. Since it was just in the last year that the entire OT was finally translated, this was my first time getting to read/listen to some of these books in the local language. There are 7 books of the Bible that are still in process of being recorded and edited. Please pray for the ongoing work of this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.