Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Solomon’s Wisdom Volume# 20 Issue # 1 Date: November2023

 After climbing several hundred steps to get to the top of the mountain, I was finally standing on the very spot where king Solomon was said to have stood when he travelled through central Asia. It was an impressive view over the whole city stretching out below filled with people in need of Christ. It was a great place to pray for the country. It does amaze me how the Father can sovereignly lead even in a year long Bible reading plan. The morning after standing on this majestic mount I picked up the Word and found that my next section was reading about Solomon’s request for wisdom. Growing up I was always amazed that he didn’t ask for riches, long life or more wishes... but this time what caught my attention was that even the request for wisdom was not a selfish one. Solomon asked for it so that He could be a better servant of the Lord, so he could wisely care for the people God had given him. He said, “Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. So, give your servant a discerning heart (wisdom) to govern your people and distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?” ( 1 Kings 3: 8-9) I am also His servant, I am also living here among a people of great number, who He has chosen. I am also daily in need of His wisdom! So many times, a week I get asked questions that require God given wisdom to answer in a way that point back to Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.