Late one night, just as I was gettng ready for bed, I got a rather hurried text from a young U lady that is part of my local fellowship group. “My college dorm application had problems; can I stay with you?” I know the apartment the Lord has provided for me is a gift to be shared and I want to be ready to help a sister in need. So I replied, “Sure, if you need a place to stay for a few days as you figure it out, you know my door is always open and you are welcome to crash on my couch.” A few days has stretched into more than a month, for which I often needed His grace to handle this arrangement well. But it was also a month filled with sweet fellowship, as we spent time in prayer together, shared about what we were learning in our quiet time, celebrate her 19th birthday, and did life together in a way that was one on one discipleship for the journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.