I spent my first two weeks here living with my teammates as we scoured the want ads looking for an apartment I could rent. I wanted it to be within walking distance of a U part of town and didn’t want to be higher than the 3rd floor, unless of course there was an elevator. Other than that, I was open. But there was just noting available. This year over 100 thousand Russians have moved to this country to escape the war, meaning that housing is at a premium. A friend of a friend arranged for us to see one apartment and I immediately felt at home. The place came furnished with almost everything I needed, and the landlord was so helpful. He even bought a vacuum and coffee maker to finish off the furnishing. It is on the eighth floor but the elevator is clean and dependable.
Minutes after we had signed the lease and I handed over a wad of cash paying three months’ rent and a deposit, the landlord got a call from an old classmate of his who had been working in Moscow, “Do you still have that apartment in the city? I need somewhere to live”. Thankfully, he honoured our agreement and told his friend that the place had already been rented for the next year.
The apartment itself is such a blessing and a real answer to prayer. It is only a block away from the school I am studying at, it is right down the street from a shopping center and close to a major bus route. I still haven’t got to meet many of my neighbours, but I am trusting, that as He has provided so faithfully already, He will open that door in His time as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.