With a solid “no” to return to the U homeland, I felt like I was back at square one. Two weeks ago, we had a virtual meeting for U workers and church partners. We spent most of our time rejoicing over what we have seen the Lord doing in various diaspora communities. I listened closely and prayerfully, asking the Lord to direct my steps. Since then, I have been busy with emails and Zoom calls, hearing more particulars about locations and ministries.
Many of you have asked if I am physically ready to return to life overseas. Praise the Lord; my hips are doing great and have given me the incredible gift of 20 more years of walking. I want to use that time to serve Him. However, I am mainly looking at more Urban locations, where the development will add to daily convenience and easy living.
My voice is still weak, but knowing it is arthritis joint damage has given me insight into how to approach the ongoing issue. I will never again be the person to raise my voice and call a room full of people to attention, but I can sit one on one with a U woman and drink tea to the glory of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.