Friday, April 23, 2021

Blood Pressure Praise

 Before going into hospital, I intentionally choose to start a cross stich project that would lead to gospel conversations. Sure, enough as every new doctor, nurse or PSW strolled into my area they asked “What are you working on?” I quickly learned it was only meant as a polite question and I had about 30-40 seconds to sum up creation, sin, and the world’s need for a Saviour before someone stuffed a thermometer in my mouth.

 From these brief encounters I learned that one of my roommates and my night nurse were also believers, relationships that even allowed us to pray together in the hospital. One morning, my student nurse from Napal came in when she had a few slow minutes. “Okay, I hear you tell everyone about these things you are making… now I want to know what all the pictures mean and about your God”. I unfurl the master copy and slowly described creation, the fall in the garden, sin reigning in the heart of man, and God’s destruction by flood, we talked of Abraham and decedents as many as the stars and being called to sacrifice his dear son. 

 Part way through the nurse remembered that she really came in to take my blood pressure since it had been so low and I kept getting light headed every time I tried to stand up. With my arm being squeezed tightly in the cuff, I went on with the story. Until the machine beside me beeped. “Wow, praise your God, He knows you are talking about Him and He gave you your best blood pressure reading yet!” rejoiced my nurse. She came back later that afternoon to ask how she could learn more about what I believe. Praise the Lord you can find so much online! We found where she could watch the Jesus film in her own language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.