Thursday, January 2, 2020

Settling In is Hard Work


After 14 years in one location, this move to a new country has been harder than I anticipated. The people group is the same, the language is the same, and yet there are so many differences. I find people are more distant and making friends takes a lot more time.  The Father led me to volunteer at a local high school. For every hour I taught their students English they provided a Russian tutor for me. Sadly, this exchange was cut short by my loss of voice.
 
Our team could also use your prayers. We have all served overseas in the past but team life has looked very different for all of us.  That means that, as we try to form a new group, we come in with very different expectations and ideas as to what team life should look like. I find this especially challenging, since I live in a different town than the other 2 couples do. Thankfully, we all really enjoy each other. We just need His grace to learn to communicate and work together well.

Finally, the snow makes settling in hard. My old province was amazing at its fast and efficient snow removal. Here, the snow is left on the ground to freeze over and become sheets of ice. Walking around on my own often seems treacherous. Although, in the worst of weather, the Father continues to provide strangers to give me a steadying arm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.