As my voice issues stretched out over an extended amount of time, I decided it was wise to go into the big city, about a two-hour drive from where I live, and seek medical advice. There, there is an International Medical Clinic that was opened by foreign believers. They now train several local doctors to continue to offer western level care. The student doctor that oversaw my case was a young U woman. At the end of my appointment she asked, “Can I pray for you before you go?” As she bowed her head, she asked that Jesus would be the one to work in my body and restore my voice. It was such a gift to, not only have a doctor from the people group I am reaching out to, but that she was a sister in the faith. In the end, the doctors in our area agreed that they didn’t have the means to figure out what is wrong with my voice and advised me to seek medical treatment outside the country. Just before Christmas, I flew to Thailand. This whole situation of losing my voice has been very frustrating but, in the midst of it, the Lord provided a way for me to connect in a special way to a new friend. We have been texting back and forth and encouraging each other ever since.
Thursday, January 2, 2020
A Praying Doctor
As my voice issues stretched out over an extended amount of time, I decided it was wise to go into the big city, about a two-hour drive from where I live, and seek medical advice. There, there is an International Medical Clinic that was opened by foreign believers. They now train several local doctors to continue to offer western level care. The student doctor that oversaw my case was a young U woman. At the end of my appointment she asked, “Can I pray for you before you go?” As she bowed her head, she asked that Jesus would be the one to work in my body and restore my voice. It was such a gift to, not only have a doctor from the people group I am reaching out to, but that she was a sister in the faith. In the end, the doctors in our area agreed that they didn’t have the means to figure out what is wrong with my voice and advised me to seek medical treatment outside the country. Just before Christmas, I flew to Thailand. This whole situation of losing my voice has been very frustrating but, in the midst of it, the Lord provided a way for me to connect in a special way to a new friend. We have been texting back and forth and encouraging each other ever since.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.