I am writing this edition of the Quarterly from my parent’s dining room table. I arrived back in Canada on June 23, and will be here working on processing paperwork for my new Visa. Over the last few months I looked into serval alternative job opportunities in the province. Sadly there are no other opportunities in the south where I have been living and leaving the baby food company will require a move back up to the province capital, where I had spent the first 9 years of my life overseas. In many ways returning to that city feels like going home. As I spent 2 months in town looking for a new job, an apartment and a good team situation, I was daily running into friends and acquaintances I have known over the years. The Lord has provided an English teaching job at a local training school that will only require me to teach 10 hours a week and be in the office an additional 3 hours. This part time position feels like such a relief after the long weeks I had been working. He has also given me a burden to once again become more involved in helping to see the rest of His Word translated into the local language. While I am not skilled or trained to be one of the main exegetes on the project, I do want to spend the bulk of my ministry time helping push this project forward, whether testing finished texts, back translating to double check meaning, helping work on first drafts or whatever is needed.
There is still much to keep in prayer about for my return. I will be in Canada for an undetermined length of time as I work on paper work. Because of new visa application rules I have to get documents authenticated and notarized by both our government and the embassy of the country where I live. This paperwork will have to be sent back to the English school so they can apply for my Work Visa and then send the permission back to me here to get the actual visa. Also due to the tightening of our province security I was unable to rent an apartment while I was there. All of my stuff is currently being stored at a friend’s place and I will need to find a place to live as soon as I return. Please also remember to be asking for a trustworthy local friend who is willing to commit time to translation work, even in this tense atmosphere.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.