Thursday, February 11, 2016

Neighbourhood Push


My roommate and I are often both so tired that it is hard to come home after work and have the motivation to go knocking on neighbours doors.  One things we have been talking about re starting is a English corner for our neighbours. I did this last spring and it was a great way to get whole families into my home on a regular basis.  This time instead of just throwing the invite wide open to anyone in the building, we have spent some time asking Father what families we should focus on.  We have five households that came to mind.  Please be remembering us and we invite them into our homes on a weekly basis.  While English is their felt need, we want the time to about more than just that.   I also want to make the next couple of months about pushing forward in language, the ladies at the factory help with that as I have to attune my ear to their village way of speaking, but I also hope to ask a former teacher in my building if she will work with me once or twice a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.