My current role with a handicraft export company has been such a gift. It gives me a legitimate purpose to spend time at the local bazaar and connects me with people I wouldn’t otherwise meet.
Specifically, I’ve been tasked with managing two of our crafters—refugees from Afghanistan who lack the paperwork to find traditional work. As fellow believers, our time together is spent both prepping craft supplies and studying the Word. However, the language barrier is a constant hurdle. They speak no Russian and very little English, so our "conversations" are a chaotic mix of gesturing and Google Translate.
This often leads to a comedy of errors; I’ve made many return trips to the bazaar because a supply list was lost in translation! Yet, in the midst of the confusion, it is a privilege to support them as they provide for their families.
I’ve included a QR code below so you can see their beautiful work. Please keep in mind that we are a wholesale business, with a minimum order of $250 USD. Email questions to: ksahomebase@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.