This fall has seen me doing a fair bit of travel. I was able to visit almost all of my supporting churches and share at a variety of events. Some churches had me give a short update during their morning service, others I was able to share more as I took the bulk of the evening service, I participated in youth group nights for both junior and senior high, playing games that taught them all about U culture and God’s call on our own lives, I joined ladies’ Bible studies and a college and career group that not only heard the update but joined in a time of prayer for the U people. The Lord provided an opportunity to meet with the elder’s board of a church and share from my experience in a closed country about the church under persecution. I also spoke at a Christian high school to their anthropology class, and at our Missions training week for newbies heading out to the field. I praise the Lord, not just for the opportunity to connect with so many different groups, but also for the vocal strength to make it through. While arthritis in my voice continues to cause pain, my voice itself has made some improvements, and I was even able to endure through this packed schedule of events, which is a sign of His grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.