Monday, March 30, 2020

More Than Meets the Eye Volume# 16 Issue # 3 Date: April 2020

From my apartment in Central Asia, I have an amazing view of the mountains. Every morning, just gazing out the window, brought me to a point of praise, as I watched the morning light dance around the peaks and the snow cling to the crevasses. It was breathtaking. I would be so inspired that I would grab my cell phone and try again to take a picture that fully captured the beauty. Every time I looked at the screen, I was discouraged with how flat and lifeless the picture looked compared to the beauty in front of my eyes. I know real photographers with proper equipment might argue; but from my limited skill level I couldn’t get over how much more my eye could take in than the camera. The latter only saw a dim reflection of the beauty. It all made me start to think about how much clearer God’s view of the current situation is compared to my limited picture. I don’t understand why, after only being in my new country for a few months, I lost my voice; why, while I was out seeking medical help, the visa regulations changed; why I came back to Canada right as everything was closing down and people were being asked to social distance. I cling to the truth that, while I don’t get it, I know there is more than meets my eyes. God reminds the prophet Isaiah that His thoughts and His ways are much higher than ours. He sees the whole coronavirus situation with clarity. He knew, before I even moved to a new country, that I would be back in a few months. If you are like me right now, confused and uncertain, hold on to the timeless truth that God is not. He has a view of this whole situation that is breathtaking and worthy of our praise.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.